PO Box 21285
St Simons Island, Georgia (United States)
Principal Commissioning Engineer
Principal Commissioning Engineer needed to provide leadership for assigned projects and provide overall project coordination of construction, commissioning and electrical testing activities.
Travel up to 75% required.No relocation necessary.
Coordinate the construction, testing and commissioning of electric utility substations and other industrial power systems to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Act as Resident Engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Review project plans and schedules for constructability.
- Perform and document the commissioning of various control and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of equipment and personnel are met.
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems, procedures, and methods through working with engineering personnel, inspectors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and construction codes and ensure compliance with all codes.
- Prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Prepare and/or implement outage and energization plans, and detailed commissioning plans.
- Institute and direct changes to the work when required by differing site conditions.
- Ensure that the Company’s QA/QC Procedures are adhered to when instituting field revisions.
- Conduct on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy of Contractors methods. Evaluate Contractor’s procedures, starting and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Prepare and institute programs for testing of equipment and materials and start-up of systems,including point-to-point wire checking.
- Review of detailed test reports on various electrical equipment, including:
- Receive, evaluate, and approve contractor’s invoices.
- Responsible for creating and managing client and subcontract change order requests and generating construction related change orders
- Design of various electrical systems of the largest size and highest complexity.
- Directly involved with development and assembly of construction specs and subcontracts.
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of equipment and systems.
- Coordinating equipment delivery and design engineering to meet construction schedules.
- Directly involved with the bidding and subcontracting process.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relay Test Sets: Familiarity w/Doble Protest, Doble 6150 and/or Omicron preferable, but all test sets can be considered
- At least 2 years direct experience testing protective relays for the T&D industry
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project management / scheduling software; Spread sheet software and Word Processing software
- PE License preferred but not required
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident in US.
Our client is anindustry leader, currently ranked in the Top 50 nationwide of the Top 500 Design Firms (ENR-2012). Join our highly regarded project teams that provide turnkey services to help clients implement complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Individuals with strong background in relay testing, commissioning encouraged to apply.