PO Box 21285
St Simons Island, Georgia (United States)
Civil T&D Manager
Civil T&D Manager
Location: Reading PA
We seek an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer for a Team Lead position in our Power Delivery group, responsible for a range of medium to high voltage transmission line projects. Must be a self-starter, able to seize initiative and possess excellent communication skills.TheCivil T&D Manager provides administrative management and technical oversight for the civil engineering T&D group. The civil engineering T&D group performs or directly oversees all civil and structural engineering for all T&D projects. This position provides direct administrative and technical supervision to all other engineers within the civil T&D group.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the civil engineering group.
- Interface with other staff managers and leads, and their designees to foster open and clear communication and exchange of information.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, and specifications related to civil and structural issues.
- Hire and manage civil engineering group personnel and contractors.
- Oversee the civil engineering group’s development of engineering designs, calculations and studies/review results.
- Provide expert technical guidance and oversight of the following:
- Conceptual design, route selection and structure placement
- Transmission line plan and profile
- Transmission structure analysis and detailed design
- Transmission structure foundations
- Construction support
- Be fully able and willing to work with subcontractors, staff engineers and designers to perform all aspects of civil and structural engineering calculations and transmission design.
- Oversee the civil engineering group’s coordination of design issues with clients and vendors.
- Oversee coordination with purchasing personnel, and review of vendor submittals.
- Oversee the civil engineering group’s review of vendor submittals.
- Oversee development of staff within the civil engineering group.
- B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE License in at least one US state
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in civil engineering consisting of aerial transmission line design (35kV – 500kV) and material selection and ordering.
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership role directly managing others.
- PLS-CADD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Join an industry leader that excels at providing integrated services to the electric power industry.
Salary: $120 – 150K DOE. Comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance